Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Day 248 - Reacting with shock to hearing certain news

I was talking to somebody online, and out of the blue, they told me that they had a 5 month old child. They had realised that I was shocked and such, as I said things like "WOW!". Anyway, at that moment, I realised that even though my reaction through shock was not an emotion, even though my shock reaction was not negative or meant in a negative tone towards this person - it is still a judgement. Why else was I shocked at this news? I was shocked through the judgement/surprise of this person having a 5 month old child.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to consider my reaction of shock towards someone having a 5 month old child as 'appropriate' - when in fact I was judging this person through the shock reaction in which I accepted and allowed to take place - Within that, when and as I see myself accepting and allowing myself to deem certain reactions as appropriate, I stop and breathe. I realise that any reaction towards another person is inappropriate, whether it is negative/positive.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not step into this person's shoes and see my reaction from their point of view, realising that if they were shocked at me having a 5 month old child, I could take it offensively, too, because this person clearly didn't expect me to be carrying a 5 month old child if they reacted to me with shock.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not stay calm when hearing the news of this person having a 5 month old child - instead of having a shock reaction which originated within my conscious mind - within that, I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not breathe in the moment when allowing myself to participate within my conscious mind, as to then avoid all possible reactions after hearing the news of this person having a 5 month old child.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to manifest my conscious and subconscious mind thoughts through a reaction of shock to hearing the news of this person having a 5 month old child.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to participate and engage with the backchat within my mind of thinking that this person should not have a 5 month old child - hence me reacting with shock, as if it is wrong of this person to have a 5 month old child.

When and as I see myself accepting and allowing myself to manifest my conscious and subconscious mind thoughts through a shock reaction to hearing 'startling' news, I stop and breathe. I realise that I must stop and breathe in the moment my conscious mind thoughts occur as to then not participate within them and react within shock.

When and as I see myself accepting and allowing myself to participate within the backchat of my mind of considering someone doing something 'wrong' just because of what I may deem as incorrect, I stop and breathe. I realise that it is not my say on whether what someone does or does not do in their life is considered correct or incorrect - as they are living their own life, and I am living my own life - which then equates to separate decision-making.

I commit myself to not participate within backchat of my mind when deeming something as inappropriate.

I commit myself to step into the other person's shoes as to make sure I see how they would deem my words towards them and to see if I would then react/not react to the words that I speak.

I commit myself to make sure that I stop and breathe before participating within my conscious mind thoughts of hearing 'startling' news that in fact might be considered offensive by the person that I am saying it to.

I commit myself to not manifest the thoughts within my conscious and subconscious mind as I would then react within emotion/feeling towards another.

No comments:

Post a Comment