Wednesday, 12 November 2014

Day 327 - Accent reactions, part 2


Context

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to hear accents that I'm unfamiliar with, and judge them as 'unusual' on the basis that I am not used to hearing different accents/the accent is not the 'typical' accent - as I live in Australia.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to 'glance' at the direction of the accent that I hear, to see WHO is speaking with the said accent.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not see all accents as equal accents and thus equal people who are 'behind' those accents. I realise that different accents does not change who a person is or how they present themselves/move themselves in the world.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to be somewhat 'fond' of British accents, and to somewhat 'dislike' American accents. Within this, I realise that in relation to American accents, I've accepted and allowed myself to react within negativity because of all the 'hate' that I see towards American/the American government, and thus I manifest that through seeing/hearing American accents as peculiar/unusual/uninviting and basically to sum those up, as 'uncool'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to allow influences of negative perceptions towards American/the American government/America's richest people to alter the way in which I react to the American accent, by seeing/hearing the American accent as 'not cool'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to generalise Americans through the 'hate' that I see/hear through news articles/videos that I see on tv/online, and thus generalise the American population only because of the actual Americans that are involved in conspiracies/profit gain/exploitation.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that accents don't define a person, and that an accent is dependent simply on where one is born/raised - no other conditions.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to allow preferences towards the British accent, only from the starting point of me not hearing/seeing 'bad' things about Britain/the British government. I realise that ALL governments, one way or another, are formed via corruption/scandals/exploitation - as that is how capitalism works/functions in society.

When and as I see myself reacting when hearing 'different' accents in which I'm simply 'not accustomed to', I stop and breathe. I realise that to have a starting point of generalising people based on corrupt governments is not cool, and completely unnecessary.

When and as I see myself in public and hearing accents that I'm not accustomed to and instantly participating/manifesting backchats that those people 'do not belong', I stop and breathe. I realise that just because I live in Australia, does NOT mean in any way, shape or form that 'other' accents 'do not belong' in Australia, OR are 'not allowed' in Australia. I realise that through brainwashing and advertisements, I've allowed myself to view 'overseas' based accents/people as 'not allowed' to live in Australia, and seeing it as 'unusual' to be in contact with accents that are not 'natural' to Australia.

When and as I see myself defining a person by their accent, I stop and breathe. I realise that an accent only exists because of where a person lives/was born/and/or raised.

I commit myself to see ALL accents as equal to my accent/me.

I commit myself to not hold or allow within myself any prejudice towards accents in which I'm not accustomed to.

I commit myself to not generalise Americans because of hateful things that I see/hear of towards the American government/towards America in general.

I commit myself to stand equal and one with ALL accents and all nationalities and thus all people/animals/things/life in this world - as we are all one and equals.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment