Sunday, 7 December 2014

Day 350 - Self-forgiveness/commitment statements on desire to stay in bed longer than appropriate


I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to desire to stay in bed longer than I actually 'have' to, by seeing my bed as 'nice and soft' and 'comfortable' and thus using excuses of my bed being soft as a reason for me to 'overstay' my welcome in bed.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to use my bed as anything other than a place to sleep. I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to desire to watch tv and use my laptop in bed for the sole reason of my bed being the most comfortable place in my room, just because my bed is the softest piece of furniture in my room.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not use furniture that is actually 'practical' given the situation, whether it be using a chair opposite my tv, or, the desk chair/desk to use my laptop - I commit myself to use appropriate furniture for the appropriate scenario that I am in.

I forgive myself that i've accepted and allowed myself to ignore my physical body's requirements of 4-6 hours of sleep, or however many hours of sleep my body requires, in favour of 'comfort' - which in fact ends up totally disregarding my physical body, as I realise and have proven that 'additional' sleep and 'oversleep' does NOT assist my physical body in any way, shape or form, and as a matter of fact, prevents my physical body from 'reaching its potential' as I feel sluggish and zombie-like through my mind desire of staying in bed because of a 'comfort' point with my 'soft' bed.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to live for an instant moment, in terms of my physical body waking up after the required amount of sleep, and then me INSTANTLY deciding to turn off my alarm or ignore my body in favour of more sleep. I see, realise and understand that only at that VERY moment, do I consider it a 'win' for me to go back to sleep. But, I also realise that despite me feeling 'good' in that moment of going back to sleep, I ALWAYS face the consequences of going back to sleep/additional sleep/too much sleep as I allowed myself to enter another sleep cycle and thus lock in my fortune of feeling 'dreary' for the rest of my day only for a sudden and instantaneous desire to 'sleep more'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to ignore my physical body's requirements, in favour of participating within my mind's desires of staying in bed and sleeping more because of the comfort point. I commit myself to see, realise and understand that comfort is whatever assists my physical body, whether it be a chair that assists in keeping my back straight, or a bed that allows me to sleep soundly and not do damage to my physical body in the process of sleep.

I commit myself to value practical furniture/equipment, over 'soft' furniture/equipment.

I commit myself to absolutely put my physical body/self FIRST, and NOT my 'mind' and thus backchats that go along with my mind.

Image source


No comments:

Post a Comment