Sunday, 21 December 2014

Day 356 - Reaction to seeing LIFE in enclosures


I went to a museum on the weekend. I actually was unsure what to expect when going there, I didn't know if it would be exclusively filled with artwork, or.....I did not know what. Turns out, there were a variety of things to look at. Artwork, dinosaur bones, animals that were alive and dead..stuffed animals, old fashioned houses, information about how emotions are 'normal'..lol. So, all sorts of things.

One particular area had all manner of animals, all dead mind you, just being there, displayed for human eyes. Like, had all the animal skin intact, and were probably stuffed, I'm not entirely sure, but either way, I was not a fan of that area. There were lions, rhinoceros', kangaroos, emus etc. So, I did not spend much time in that area. The next area I checked out was an outdoor area that was meant to be representative of nature. It was, but it was easy to tell that this little nature area was not well maintained. And walking along, there were various enclosures which contained small frogs, certain insects. They all barely had room to maneuver in there.

And I became quite aggrieved. I was joking with someone that I very much wanted to reach inside of that enclosure and 'rescue' a frog or two, just sneak them into my pockets and let them out when I exited the museum. I very much did not enjoy seeing the frogs and such stuck in these small enclosures. Just put on display for human entertainment. VERY NOT COOL.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to become aggrieved when seeing LIFE inside of enclosures whereas they have little room to maneuver in.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to desire to 'free' this LIFE from these enclosures as a means of 'assisting' them, but I realise within this that this is not a permanent solution, it would only be a solution if I got away with it, for the few LIVES I could 'free'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to fail to take responsibility for how and why all of this LIFE is allowed to be 'put on display' for the eyes of humans.

I forgive myself thus that I have accepted and allowed myself to see enclosed life as a means of entertainment, instead of seeing ALL life as one and equal to MYSELF.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to react within anger at the people that were seemingly amused by the LIFE that was TRAPPED inside of these enclosures, amused/mesmerised, within this, I realise that is the point of this museum, to amuse us, humans, entertain us, NOT to care for the life that is NOT human, thus, I commit myself to continue writing and to with other Destonians, get to a point whereas all life is treated one and equal.

When and as I see myself reacting in anger to seeing life enclosed in any way, shape or form, I stop and breathe. I realise that enclosed life is what I've accepted and allowed to take place.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that awareness must be raised among every single human on Earth, as to see, realise and understand within one another that ALL LIFE IS LIFE, and ALL life must be considered as life, as none/nothing has 'less' reason to exist on Earth, UNLESS we choose that option, which we have, as humans - change is not just necessary, it's MANDATORY.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment