Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Day 357 - Deodorant


I have rarely used deodorant over the past year. I had instead preferred to be 'natural'. Although on a few occasions, it's been pointed out to me that I do smell. Yesterday, it got pointed out to me, again. I was a bit disappointed, because...although.......I do actually KNOW that my armpits give out an odour, an odour of sweat, it disappointed me that I had to 'block' this 'natural' smell with something like deodorant.

So, I've decided to use deodorant, to be IN the system, but not OF the system, and thus...to realise that to 'fit in' within the system, it is best for me to use these products, such as deodorant, as it has become common place within society, but, it's also to realise that all of these smells that our bodies produce, sweat..all the bodily functions, there should NOT be actions required to 'fear' these smells/bodily functions, as it's all apart of how we live/survive. But right now, my best option is to fit in with society, and thus use deodorant, until we as humanity reach a point in time whereas we do not require countless beauty products and general products that stop us from being 'human'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to react within disappointment when it was pointed out to me that I was giving out an 'odour' because of my want to be 'natural' and thus not use deodorant, as I deem deodorant as 'unnatural'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not see, realise and understand that deodorant has become a common practice within society, in which it is thus seen (smelt) as 'gross' when one thus smells of sweat/perspires.

And thus, I commit myself to be in the system as to use deodorant, but to not be OF the system, otherwise use deodorant within a starting point of a fear, fearing to smell - I am simply using deodorant from a starting point of 'fitting in' with society.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that to be 'natural' within society in this day and age, and thus basically NOT use any beauty products - will be seen as 'incorrect' in today's society, thus, I commit myself to do what I MUST to fit in with society, realising that my desire to be 'natural' cannot 'work' in today's society, as we as humans have placed beauty products above our natural bodily outputs.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment