Saturday, 27 December 2014

Day 358 - Limiting communications


I attended two Christmas gathering-type things, and at both gatherings, there was a mixture of people, and for me....there were people I knew quite well (close family/cousins) and others that I did not know too well/barely at all (other relations/people's friends) - and I realised that....I was really preferring to talk to the people I was more acquainted with, rather than talk to people that I was..not so acquainted with - and I realise now that I have limited myself therefore.

Sure, I may know someone for 5 years, and I might only know someone else for about...3 months, but that's not a justification to basically ignore the person I barely know, and only communicate with the person I know quite well. I'm communicating within separation if I'm only talking to ones that I'm most COMFORTABLE talking to. And also, I'm not seeing each life as equal if I have 'preferences' based on how well I know someone, over another.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not expand my communications to ANYBODY.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to limit my communications to those that I feel that I know 'quite well'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to have a starting point of separation whereas I want to 'feel' comfortable by only talking to those that I 'feel' that I know 'quite well'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not take EACH LIFE for who they are, and thus, speak to them and get to know them and learn from them, as they can also learn from me - whereas it becomes a mutual learning environment for both to benefit.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to prefer to stay in my comfort zone.

I commit myself to see each life as equal to myself, and all other life, whereas I thus communicate with anybody and everybody, no matter if I know them 'quite well' or 'barely at all'.

When and as I see myself limiting my options when and as I'm around/in the vicinity of others, I stop and breathe. I realise that it's cool to meet new people or to get to know people that I do not know so well, as I can then learn new things, and they can learn things from me - which is cool.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to limit who I talk to, based on fears of how a person that I don't know as well, will react, to me speaking to them - whereas I fear that one would not want to talk to me because of the lack of previous communication/any communication which I've shared with that person. Within this, I realise that I must take this back to self, and see that it is a fear of mine, whereas I see it as 'strange' to talk to someone that I've never spoken to before previously, or only know another 'somewhat'.

I commit myself to 'break the ice' within showing that there is and should not be any boundaries between people based on lack of previous communication/or no communication at all, to show that each is equal - previous communication or not.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment