Sunday, 28 December 2014

Day 359 - Road rage intimidation


I think just about every time I drive, there's always at least one person who drives WAY TOO CLOSE behind my car...or just........generally does not care for the safety of others - whereas, they speed, change lanes without indicating, things like that. Of course, in an ideal society, there'd be none of this. People would care for one another, care for the safety of one another, and everything. But, for now..it's a matter of acceptance. There for now will be road users who will do whatever it takes to reach their destination, even looking 'stylish' while doing so..or attempting to (Super loud music/clear attention seeking road users).

I've noticed that some of this behaviour makes me reaction within intimidation. The behaviour which involves another road user either speeding a lot while driving behind me..or........just driving incredibly close to my car, leaving NO margin of error, this behaviour 'intimidates' me. And through this intimidation that I feel....I feel a sense of panic. And through this panic, I manifest behaviour which would 'please' the road user who I feel intimated by, because like...I'll drive 'faster' or....well, yeah, I'd basically just drive faster, even if it means me not abiding to the speed limit, and thus in reality, putting myself/others at risk, for the sake of 'pleasing an intimidator'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to feel intimated by other road users when they drive too close to my car, or, speed up a lot behind my car.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to through this reaction of intimidation, manifest a 'nervous' emotion whereas I change my behaviour to suit the person who I feel intimated by, by abiding to what 'they want me to do'.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not abide to all road safety rules and within this, care for all road users.

When and as I see myself in a position whereas I'm driving, and another road user is very close to my car constantly, behind me, or speeds a lot when behind me, I stop and breathe. I realise that no matter the reason for the person doing so, I MUST abide to all safety protocols when driving, and to thus NOT change the way in which I drive to feel that I must 'please' the road user who is manifesting this behaviour.

I commit myself to always drive with the safety of each life at the forefront of self as I drive.

I commit myself to not change my behaviour through a manifestation of nervousness/fear of another road user driving close to my car/speeding behind my car.

I commit myself to follow all safety protocols when driving as a means of doing what is best for all.

I commit myself to not feel the need to ignore safety protocols for the sake of one person who is in a rush to get somewhere/seeking attention generally.

I commit myself to stay cool, calm and composed when driving, through not participating within my mind, and thus, not participating within emotions/fears of intimidation/nervousness.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment