Thursday, 1 January 2015

Day 361 - Picky

Today I went shopping with someone, and we came across some sugar free lollies/chocolate. We almost bought a pack each, when this person said to check if the products had artificial sweeteners before we bought them. So, I checked, and they both had a certain artificial sweetener. I got annoyed, and judged the person as 'picky' because, I thought to myself that...it's impossible at avoid certain ingredients, and I also thought that there is ALWAYS something 'unhealthy' in just about every product that one buys.

Also, I realised that despite my awareness of the crap that companies put in the products that we consume, I reacted to seeing 'artificial sweeteners' in the sugar free lollies/chocolate, because I had not researched adverse effects of artificial sweeteners. And thus, I thought "Hey..I have not even researched artificial sweeteners, and I've never come across them or seen them advertised anywhere that they're 'bad' for a person to consume, so, they must be 'okay'." That's what I thought to myself..

So, I was basically claiming my jurisdiction as final, as the most accurate. Of course, UNTRUE. Within my mind, I like to THINK and thus CLAIM that I know all about what ingredients are okay to consume, and what ingredients are NOT okay to consume, but I DON'T KNOW, I don't know about a multitude of ingredients, because I'm yet to research them.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to judge someone as 'picky' for wanting to know if 'artificial sweeteners' were in the products we were about to buy, before actually buying them.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to participate within my mind whereas I 'think' that I know ALL about what ingredients CAN/CANNOT be consumed, and thus through this participation within my mind, claim my jurisdiction as the ULTIMATE.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to see ingredient-searching as 'picky' - when it's actually WISE and MANDATORY to do so, otherwise, put all manner of crap in my body, and suffer adverse affects therefore, of consuming a bunch of food without knowing what's IN the food itself.
Thus, I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to want to eat whatever takes my fancy, WITHOUT checking what's in the food beforehand - I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to not put my physical body's health FIRST, as that is VITAL for my survival.....NECESSARY for my survival.

I commit myself to thus consider it COOL for others to be AWARE of what they consume, because it IS cool and important and vital and necessary, otherwise suffer ill-effects.

I commit myself to be more aware of what I consume, and thus to improve my physical body's health, and to support my physical body as best I can, by knowing what I consume, and thus what NOT to consume.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that I'd RATHER take a few seconds/minutes to check what's in the food I consume, rather than consume it without knowing, and THEN suffer ill-effects from the consumption because of my lack of 'care' for myself.

When and as I see myself claiming my jurisdiction as FINAL, I stop and breathe. I realise that my jurisdiction is NOT final, and that others do their OWN research on what products are healthy/unhealthy for them. I thus commit myself to respect others' perspectives on what products are okay for consumption and what products are not okay for consumption, and to learn from them so that I can then avoid the products and benefit my own physical body.

I commit myself to realise that I can learn from ANYONE/ANYTHING.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment