Friday, 9 January 2015

Day 365 - Does my name define me?


Simple answer to that is a resounding NO. Yet, I always have somewhat 'limited' myself by my name. My full name - Anthony Field. I used to look at those two names, and be like... "What a boring name." Like, to me, those names are so common. And my surname is so 'standard'. So....'normal'. And I've at times wanted a FLASHY name. Like...well, because half of my family are Cypriot, I have always desired a name that is Cypriot/Greek. Like, instead of Anthony, maybe...'Antonio' or 'Andreas'. Lol, I don't even know if they are specifically Cypriot/Greek names, but they certainly have that certain European flavour to them.

But what the Hell, no, that definitely makes no sense to define me or my actions/how I live in this world, by my name. What a CRAZY limitation that is. My name is just a name. It's how others talk to me, if they need to. Um..how others.....communicate with me individually. I mean yeah, if we all had the exact same name, it would be a bit difficult to 'call out' an individual person. So, that is all a name is. And yeah, it's to do with family/country - those things - but beyond that, it does NOT define me whatsoever, despite my feelings otherwise. 'Feelings' - No more 'feelings' towards my name!

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to define who I am by my name.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to limit my potential and who I can be in this world, by my name.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to define my name as 'boring', 'common' and 'standard'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire a more 'European' name such as 'Antonio' or 'Andreas' and within this, thinking that having a name like that will get me FURTHER in life, or make me more SUCCESSFUL in life - which is a complete myth, as a name does NOT define me whatsoever, UNLESS I allow it to do so - which I am NOT allowing, right here, within my writings.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to think that perhaps I could be more 'popular' if I had a different name.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to desire 'popularity'.

When and as I see myself defining myself/my actions by my name, I stop and breathe. I realise that my name does not define myself/my actions whatsoever, and only 'does' if I actively participate within my mind and thus allow definition by my name.I commit myself to see, realise and understand, no matter WHAT my name is/could be, who I AM in this world is dependent on my ACTIONS.

When and as I see myself desiring a more 'European' name, I stop and breathe. Again, I realise that having a more 'European' name will NOT 'change' WHO I AM as a person in any way, shape or form - I realise that this is just an ideal that I've created within myself and thus participated in - rather than ACCEPTING my name for what it is/why it exists. I commit myself to rely on my ACTIONS as to define who I am as an individual, rather than my NAME - and to NOT limit myself/my actions by my name, therefore.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment