Sunday, 25 January 2015

Day 377 - Professional attire = Pressure zone part 2

Context


When and as I see myself getting into my 'professional attire' and instantly participating within self-created 'pressure zone-age' - I stop and breathe. I realise that I've accepted and allowed myself to place a large emphasis on those 'professional clothes' and have thus allowed myself to be a victim to them by allowing them to define who I am. I commit myself to see, realise and understand that what I wear does NOT define me. Thus, I commit myself to see, realise and understand that who I am within whatever clothing that I wear, that is what defines me. I commit myself to not define myself by the clothing that I wear.

When and as I see myself separating my 'professional attire' from my 'casual clothing' - I stop and breathe. I realise despite obvious differences in the clothing themselves, both my professional attire and my casual clothing are just different forms of clothing for different occasions. I commit myself to see all occasions as the 'same' and to thus not allow myself to participate within 'pressure' of certain occasions and within this, certain clothing that I wear for that occasion.

When and as I see myself obsessing over 'little details' on the way to a job interview, such as obsessing over the way my hair looks, I stop and breathe. I realise that I cannot control all these 'little details' - because wind factors and other factors can have an effect on my hair for instance. Within this, I commit myself to see, realise and understand that although one's presentation is 'vital' for a job interview, what actually 'comes through' within one's interview with an employer is one's personality, how one 'is' - not how one 'looks'.

When and as I see myself placing high emphasis on my appearance when going for a job interview, I stop and breathe. I realise that I've been brainwashed to believe that my appearance for a job interview is the ONLY thing that could actually 'get me the job'. I commit myself to see, realise and understand that this is not the case, because it's about HOW I AM that shows the person that I meet the 'requirements' of the job.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment