Monday, 26 January 2015

Day 378 - Animals are inferior?


I played golf with someone today, and I reacted somewhat angrily when this person suggested that I 'aim for the ducks'. There seems to always be ducks on this particular golf course that I play on. I mean yeah, there are something like 25 ducks in a group, and they are right in the 'hitting-zone' so to speak, but still, I reacted with anger when this person suggested I aim for the ducks. I say 'somewhat' angrily because I did not verbally react or physically react to this person, but I did react on the 'inside' or, 'within'.

Animals are not inferior, no, not at all - they are equal to us humans. But I must keep in mind that 'others' 'generally' see animals as inferior, or bugs. Or practically ANY other life other than a human life - which is super unfortunate, really. And yeah, looking at it now...actually no. I was going to say that looking back on it now, if I hadn't seen animals as my equal, the ducks specifically, then I would not 'care' that someone told me to 'aim for the ducks' - but that is not true, even before knowing of Desteni and thus seeing all life as my equal, I would still see that as 'not cool' that someone would tell me to aim for the ducks. I've always respected animals, but definitely not to the new extent that I've achieved since knowing of Desteni.

So it can depend on the person, depend on the animal/insect itself, about whether one sees it as reasonable to not hurt an animal/insect, or to not do that - it varies person by person..

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to react angrily to someone telling me to 'aim for the ducks' when playing golf.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see, realise and understand that depending on a person, one sees animals/insects differently to one another, and ESPECIALLY to me/other Destonians, because Destonians are really the only people in this world that respect each and every life on Earth, big or small.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realise that generally, people do see animals as inferior - within this, though, it's pointless of me to react each time that someone says/does something that shows that one sees an animal as inferior - it's just what is UNFORTUNATELY 'accepted' in society and has been accepted in society for so long that it's become 'normal' to disrespect animals and thus see them as inferior to us humans.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realise that I WILL continue to see humans disrespect animals/insects, most likely for a long time, but it's up to me and others to 'make a stand' through writing/blogging/making light of the ways of Desteni - but to also take responsibility for what I have accepted and allowed society to become, generally, and in regards to animals/insects.

When and as I see myself reacting angrily when someone tells me to 'aim for the ducks' when playing golf, I stop and breathe. I realise that depending on the person, each person will see ducks/animals/insects generally in a different light, but I realise that no matter what 'light' one sees animals/insects in, me reacting within anger to what is said/done is pointless - because it will NOT change me - it only goes to show that I still have reactions to write about. I commit myself to relax when one tells me to 'aim for the ducks' when playing golf, and to within this, step into this person's shoes and see potential 'life' from how they/one could/would see other life, and that means seeing other life in a disrespectful way/inferior way - which I must accept, instead of react to.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment