Friday, 20 February 2015

Day 391 - Addiction to controversy part 2


When and as I see that I'm attached to controversy and desire controversy, I stop and breathe. I realise that if I bring the controversy point back to self and see that I am in the middle of the controversy, I would NOT like it and would rather rectify the situation ASAP - which is ALSO what I should do within EXTERNAL controversy, such as if it is to do with friends/family, anyone or anything - I should TAKE self-responsibility to act on controversy in a sense of STOPPING it from doing further 'damage' - thus, I commit myself to treat and act on controversy as I would do if I, MYSELF was in the same situation of controversy - because within bringing the point back to self, I can see that being at the centre of the controversy is not a pleasant thing, as I can remember times where I have been in this situation - it's best to stop ALL controversies, whether internal/external, because they do not assist me/others/society, they USUALLY harm.

When and as I see myself desiring to add fuel to the fire of an external controversy, I stop and breathe. I realise that assisting in building up the controversy is PURELY for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES outside of myself, from a point of SELF-INTEREST. Which is obviously INEQUALITY, as I am treating the matter as an external issue that can be turned and twisted into something that I see within my MIND as beneficial for me, when in REALITY, controversies do not assist me or others - I commit myself to attempt to rectify all controversies, instead of aiming to 'keep them going' or 'increase' the controversy by talking behind others' backs and things like that.

When and as I see myself desiring a point of controversy happening because I desire something 'different' happening within my life, I stop and breathe. I realise that a desire for something different within my life to happen is dependent on ME and what I choose to do within my life, and it should NOT be seeked externally, it should be an internal satisfaction that I give/offer to myself. I commit myself to look at things within myself/answers within myself as to find things that 'interest' me and things that can 'make my life more exciting' so to speak, therefore not having the desire to manipulate others for instance to fuel a controversy.

When and as I see myself wanting to participate within an energetic high of seeing controversy arise externally, I stop and breathe. I realise that this energetic participation does NOT assist me in actually ASSISTING myself/another to 'ease' the controversy, it only aims to fuel it. I commit myself to not participate within my mind and thus not participate within the energetic high feeling of seeing others shrouded within controversy/fuelling that controversy, and to instead allow myself to stay HERE and GROUNDED within my physical body, to thus be able to 'calm things down' if a controversy arises and I can do something to assist to prevent it from erupting further/getting out of hand, because within this, I treat others like I'd like myself to be treated.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment