Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Day 393 - What must I do to 'be' an adult? Part 2


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to define myself as a teenager as opposed to an adult.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate within self-created judgments as to what makes an adult, and what makes a teenager.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that I 'don't act my age'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to manipulate my behaviour infront of certain age groups/genders as to appear more adult.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realise that attempting to be/appear as an adult when in the vicinity of certain people is strictly a participation within self-created judgments/opinions as to what an adult 'is'.
Within this, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not 'be myself'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that certain clothing that I wear is not 'adult' enough/fearing that teenagers only would wear this clothing.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not wear clothing that I deem as comfortable for my physical body, instead of wearing/buying clothing based on a desire within self-created judgments of what I 'think' an adult should wear.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to want to categorise people within an adult/teenager/child bracket, instead of simply taking each and every individual for WHO they are - not having any self-created judgments/opinions of one just because of their age.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel that I must stop doing certain things that I did as a child/teenager because I see them as 'immature' or I see them as 'only for teenagers/children' - instead of seeing if it's practical/can assist me, or something that I like to do, no matter what my age is.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel that I can't have 'fun' anymore because I am an adult.
I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to define fun as something that only children/teenagers can have, which is NOT true.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to feel that my life is 'over' in terms of not being able to have 'fun' anymore, failing to realise that FUN is defined by how I define it.

To be continued.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment