Friday, 24 April 2015

Day 420 - Sport


My whole life, I've been obsessed with sport. Playing sport, watching sport, you name it. I basically liked all types of sports. If I had to name a favourite sport, it would be soccer/football. I think I got into soccer/football at about 9 years old. I played soccer for a few clubs throughout the years, I got up at 'insane' hours, such as 1 am, 3 am, 4 am, just to watch it. When I look back at it now, soccer had a hold on me!

Fast track to today. I've been contemplating within myself, whether soccer is still something I should 'be into'. I have stopped playing soccer. Why? Because I don't want to damage my physical body. Heading the ball, chesting the ball. I don't want to damage my physical body if I don't have to, so I choose not to. So in that sense, I only now play sports that won't necessarily have a bad effect on my physical body/damage my physical body. Watching sports on the other hand, I'm unsure of.

This is mainly to do with watching sports in which I, because of the damaging of my physical body, am unsure whether I should be watching the sports, if I myself do not participate in them. I went to a soccer match not long ago, and I enjoyed it. The thing is, I am unsure if I should be 'supporting' something that I see is 'bad' for one's physical body. Having said that, it's up to each individual as to whether they participate in sport/what sport/what activity they participate in - that is not my decision to make, I've already made my own decision on participation in sport.

Another thing that I think of a lot is that, soccer players for instance, they do not have that reference/knowing of the Desteni tools, and how they are damaging their physical bodies. For me, I never remotely considered the damage that I was doing to my physical body as I was playing soccer. I just did it, I enjoyed it, simple as that. SO again, it comes down to whether I should support something that I SEE, damages one's physical body. It's tough to say this, but I see that the answer is NO. I don't want to support sports that damage one's physical body.

I don't want to support these sports by either playing/watching them.That is just somewhat/was somewhat difficult for me to 'accept' and 'say' because I really have been a soccer fan specifically for SO LONG. And accepting/knowing that I won't be watching anymore soccer matches lol, it seems like a 'loss' for me of sorts. Like, I'm 'losing' a part of myself. But as I write that, I see that I'm only losing a part of my past/my past life/self.

Which is why it feels 'strange' now to have that knowledge of not supporting/watching the sport that I was obsessed with for multiple, multiple years.

Within this.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to support any sport in any way, shape or form, that evidently damages one's physical body.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to willingly 'give up' a sport that I see damages my physical body, BUT, self-willingly support another damaging THEIR physical body for MY own entertainment.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing the damaging of anyone's/anything's physical body in any way, shape or form.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to support the damaging of one's physical body in any way, shape or form.

When and as I see myself supporting the damaging of one's physical body in any way, shape or form, I stop and breathe. I realise that the damaging of one's physical body, whatever the context/scenario is NOT COOL, because one's physical body, whether one knows it or not, is the vessel in which/how we exist/live as life. Thus, I commit myself to raise awareness wherever I can, to make others see, realise and understand the damage that they inflict on their physical bodies, and why a physical body is literally one's vessel as life on Earth. I also commit myself to stop supporting scenarios whereas one damages their physical body in any way, shape or form.

When and as I see myself stopping something, because I see that it damages my physical body, but am still willing to watch another damage their physical body for MY entertainment, I stop and breathe. I realise that this is separation, as I am allowing within supporting, another to damage their physical body, and am doing this through showing my support for the act of damaging one's physical body. Thus, I commit myself to put myself in another's shoes, and to see upon the act of being in the position of damaging my physical body, to see that the damage by doing the act is not cool and unhealthy to one's physical body.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment