Sunday, 31 May 2015

Day 439 - Only necessities


Today I did a thorough clean up of my living area. The type of clean up that I'd usually only do if I was moving house. It was actually really enjoyable. I threw out a lot of stuff. A lot of things that I no longer needed. In fact, things that I never needed in the first place. Which brings me to the point of necessities. I see that to avoid this potential cluttering and/or build up of unwanted things, all I have to do is to look at the item that I get/receive/buy, to see if I really require it for now/future, or not. Obviously with items that I buy, then I should be looking at my starting point for buying that item/items.

But I see that this way, I can keep my living area clean/tidy - as opposed to the 'normal' me where I had always thrown things in that corner, other things in another corner, and basically living in a giant mess of my own things. So here I am committing myself to always be aware and look at my starting point of things that I receive, and to either keep them if I see that I need them, OR, INSTANTLY throw them away, as I do not need them - and keeping those things is just creating more work for me/making my living area...potentially un-liveable.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not look/be aware of everything that I receive, in whatever way/shape/form I receive it/whatever context I receive it, to be able to make a decision instantly whereas I either keep something, or, I get rid of it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to clutter my living area to the point that it gets extremely messy/unorganised, and really just creates more effort when needing to clean/moving location in future.

When and as I see myself in the position/scenario of receiving/having something, and tempted within my mind to just throw it to the side, because I don't want to deal with it at the time/am too LAZY to deal with it at the time, I stop and breathe. I realise that it's simply best to make a decision ON THE SPOT as to whether I keep/delete something - and this avoids clutter in the present/future. I commit myself to make a decision instantly on EVERYTHING that I receive, no matter the size/shape/whatever, because also, that way I am seeing everything that I receive equally as well, and not seeing a piece of paper for instance as something that can be handled later, compared to a book that I may find 'easier' to make a decision on, because I believe that it creates more space than a piece of paper. I realise that all things can lead to clutter, no matter the size. So, I commit myself to treat everything that I receive equally as to be able to make clear decisions on keeping/deleting that thing in the given moment.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment