Thursday, 4 June 2015

Day 440 - Only on occasions


I saw something that I fancied in a shop. Well, I fancied buying it, but for another. The only thing that was stopping me, was that I couldn't think if any 'reason' or 'occasion' to give this item to another. Their birthday had only recently past, and Christmas is a while away. And so I almost didn't buy this item for another, because I within my mind I had no reason/occasion for doing so. And then at the last minute, it occurred to me that...well, why do I NEED a reason/occasion as to give another an item/something/anything?

An act of kindness does not require specific days/occasions to be successful and/or to go ahead whatsoever. BUT, I was under the illusion that a specific day/reason/occasion was required. Looking back on this dilemma I had within my mind, it was silly, really - to not buy/give something to another, all/only because I had no reason to do so.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that an occasion/reason/specific celebratory day is needed/required for me to buy something for another, and to give to another.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see, realise and understand that giving to another does not require 'set' days.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see, realise and understand that an act of kindness is just that - an act of kindness.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to within my life, not buy something for another, just because I couldn't think of a reason/excuse as to buy another something.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that it's abnormal to give to another for 'no reason' or for 'no special occasion'.

When and as I see myself believing that it's abnormal to give to another without any reason/occasion for doing so, I stop and breathe. I realise that I'm pre-programmed to only really consider a specific person on their specific birthday for instance, when in reality, there's NO reason/excuse for me to not consider that specific person and to in fact consider ALL, without requiring specific days/occasions for doing so. And so, I commit myself to consider all, regardless of birthdays and/or 'special' occasions/events. I commit myself to give to another through my own generosity/kindness.

When and as I see myself failing to realise that in regards to myself, no reasons/occasions are required when I buy things for MYSELF, I stop and breathe. I realise that through this behaviour, I see that I'm protecting my own self-interest through not limiting my purchases and/or interests in terms of pleasing myself. And so, I commit myself to see all in the same 'light' as I see myself, and then as to remove the self-interest within purchases/pleasing self, as to be able to see/do for all as I'd like to be done unto myself - that is, with acts of kindness, whether through considering what one might enjoy/like, and other acts of kindness, WITHOUT the need for specific reason/occasion.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment