Friday, 5 June 2015

Day 442 - The listener


For me, I've mainly see myself as 'the listener' type of character/person. One who listens and/or prefers to listen, rather than instigate a conversation and/or bring up conversation/talk much at all. I noticed this 'listener' behaviour last night when with another. I saw that it was mainly this person doing the talking, whereas I was mainly listening. It takes 2 to tango. Being the listener is obviously cool as well, I can learn for my own well-being, and learn about another - but I see that I have to give this opportunity to another as well. So that they can learn from me. I mean, through instigating conversations and/or sharing about different/as many topics as possible, and basically - sharing anything and everything, both/all doing this, that is a really cool thing, I see. Not so much at all if it's just one person doing the talking. It does take 2 to tango.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to live as strictly/mainly the 'listener' character/person.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not only assist another, but assist myself through being the instigator of conversation/sharing my own topics/my own anythings to discuss/talk about with another.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to prefer the one way street/road of being the listener, as opposed to just BEING, being so that I can not be one or the other, the instigator or the listener, to realise I can be both of these, not one or the other.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realise that the best/most helpful/assisting conversations between people comes from both parties sharing/discussing/talking equally, rather than only one party doing something, and the other doing something else. Both are apart of the conversation and/or should be - that is the most effective path of mutual learning.

So, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to limit my learning potential through only participating as 'the listener' character/person.

When and as I see myself in the midst of a conversation, and see that I'm mainly living as 'the listener' character and basically not talking much/at all, I stop and breathe. I realise that through this 'listening-only' behaviour, I am limiting my chances of learning various things, not only about myself, but about others - because through being the instigator of conversation and the general talker in conversation, as another is, another can assist me, just as I can assist another - so comes mutual assistance/learning which is a really cool thing about conversation. So, I commit myself to be aware in the moment whereas I see that I'm participating within and as 'the listener' character/person, and within this awareness, to TALK/SAY SOMETHING/ANYTHING that I see will be cool to share/discuss, because by doing so, I am increasing/expanding my learning potential and making way of awesome mutual learning/conversing with another. So basically, I commit myself to through not only being 'the listener' - expand my horizons greatly, and expand my process/improve on my process dramatically - which assists all.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment