Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Day 448 - Fear of being seen as 'bossy' - Leader


I brought this up within my previous writings of fearing being a leader, and this particular aspect of being a leader also came up, this fear of being seen as 'bossy'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear 'telling people what to do'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fear that telling people what to do will make others 'dislike' me.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see, realise and understand that dependent on the context of where I am as a leader, it may be up to me to make these decisions in regards to telling others what to do, and so within this, it's to not see this aspect of being a leader as 'bad' - but to see it really as someone has to do it.

When and as I see myself fearing that others will dislike me if I were to tell them what to do within being a leader, I stop and breathe. I realise that this aspect of leadership, dependent on context, may be necessary, but my starting point of 'telling others what to do' must be clear/stable so that I'm not 'telling others what to do' for my own self-interest and/or to feel like 'the one in charge' for instance. So, I commit myself to put myself in the leadership position and tell others what to do/make decisions regarding others if it is part of my job and/or it is up to the leader to do so, but I commit myself to make sure my starting point is a clear one as to do the task/tell others what to do/make the decisions to result in what is best for all life.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment