Thursday, 18 June 2015

Day 449 - Boundaries in meeting new people


Are there specific/particular ways that I can meet new people? Of course not, but I've been under the delusion/illusion that there are only specific/particular ways of meeting new people, which has really hindered and/or limited the new people that I could be meeting each day if I wanted to. There are no limits to anything in life. But, it's funny that I find myself 'obeying' all of these limitations without even considering why these limitations exist! I'm slowly breaking these limitations, but am doing so context to context, so this limit breaking has to do with meeting new people.

For me personally, most of my friends are people that I met originally at school. But obviously there's nothing (unless I allow it) stopping me from making friends/meeting new people in a work environment, in a public place, on the train, on the bus, in a park, WHEREVER. Like, sometimes I've desired to talk to someone whilst on the train that is situated near me, but I then participate in backchats of "What if they think I'm weird for talking to them, what if they find it creepy/unusual/odd?" And, they MIGHT. But, I can't allow that to stop me from doing so. Plenty of people have spoken to me in public areas, and on trains. And it was cool. Even if only a short chat, was still cool.

I remember not long ago when I was with another on the train, and someone started talking to us. We ended up chatting for 20 minutes about various subjects. It was very cool. And I learnt a lot! So here on out I commit myself to stop hindering my prospects.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place boundaries on the areas as to where I talk to/meet new people.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that new people/potential companions can only be met in CERTAIN/particular/specific locations/areas.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing to not give myself/another the opportunity of conversation/meeting one another.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to stop myself from talking to another, because of the belief/fear that that person will see the talking to of them by me as 'weird' and 'unusual'.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not realise that this belief/fear of another seeing another talk to them in certain areas as weird/unusual, is only a belief that I have about the act of doing so - when it is in fact not 'weird' or 'unusual' to do so, and is in fact a COOL thing to do.

This obviously falls under the title of treating all equally, but I still find myself treating others differently depending on the label that I've assigned to them, such as family, friends and 'randoms'. It's just like putting on a different persona/personality dependent on the title that I give to another, and it's not cool to do this. It doesn't matter what title one exists as, if there has to be a title at all. Sure, family is family, and friends are friends, but life is life. And I'm life. All is life. So, fuck labels. Fuck titles.
I'll write about this next time.

When and as I see myself desiring to talk to another in public and have backchats that it is a weird/unusual thing to do, I stop and breathe. I realise that I'm the one that has these particular backchats of talking to a 'stranger' being weird/unusual, which is why I end up saying nothing at all to another. So, I commit myself to see the coolness of talking to another and getting to know them/their story and/or learning from them. I commit myself to see the opportunity of talking to another, and to just DO IT, without these backchats within my mind of 'what ifs' and beliefs that I have of the act of talking to someone I don't know previously as weird/unusual.

When and as I see myself believing that there are only specific/particular places that I can meet new people, I stop and breathe. I realise that there are in fact NO limits/boundaries as to where I can/cannot meet new people. I realise that these 'conventions' of only meeting new people in particular places is due to society in general and the way I was brought up, it also has to do with the workings of my mind which stop me from doing what I'd 'ideally' like to do and that is to meet new people wherever possible. So, I commit myself to 'break' conventions that I have and/or conventions that I've been brought up on, so as to do as I see fit within meeting new people and the cool things that can come from doing so, learning, sharing and so on.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that the learning that takes place between life is mutual and not just a 'one way street' as in me learning from another and them not learning from myself.
I commit myself to teach others, as they teach me. I commit myself to learn from others, as they learn form me.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment