Monday, 3 August 2015

Day 466 - Stereotyping


I see that I still 'insist' and believe in some stereotypes. One of them was what I saw today. I was at the park, and I heard this 'loud' car go past me. It was loud in the sense that the engine itself was louder than the 'standard' car, as was the exhaust (don't know a lot about cars, but something along these lines). So, immediately, I believed the driver to 'most likely' be a rather young/youngish male, who most likely has an affinity with cars, who most likely replaced parts of the car, got a new exhaust, for 'loudness' purposes, perhaps, either way - I believed immediately this person to be someone who was a car lover, and loved car modifications.

I saw the driver come out of the car, and it was a quite elderly gentleman. I was surprised, because this person did not fit the description of what this person would look like in my mind. In relation to this particular stereotype that I believe to be true, I see that I have this unnecessary 'fear' of this type of individual, particularly a young/youngish male, with the 'hotted up car' who is evidently trying to 'make a statement'. I see that this fear again has to do with stereotypes. I'll continue on with my initial point for now though.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to place certain people in categories based on beliefs that I have of the person/what the person does/how they do something.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to already upon 'seeing' the stereotype within my mind and 'living' this stereotype through manifestation, judge, change my behaviour, fear and just generally alter who I am as a stable being through participation within backchats.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not take each and every individual life as it is, no matter how/what they do/what their possessions are/are not.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fail to see, realise and understand that a stereotype/and/or grouping certain people together in any way, shape or form, is the exact same as a judgment.

When and as I see myself placing someone within a category based upon the stereotype that I have of that individual, I stop and breathe. I realise that this stereotype/judgment participation that I have of another and manifest within and as myself, is unhealthy and not what is best for all life in any way, shape or form. I realise that what IS best for all life, is to simply take each and every individual as they are, in the moment, with no prior judgments/backchats/stereotypes of who I 'believe' that person to be prior to seeing/talking to them. I commit myself to DELETE the stereotypes that I have and participate within and as. I commit myself to take each and every individual, literally, individually, without immediate/prior judgments/backchats/stereotypes of what I believe that person to be.

When and as I see myself desiring to satisfy the relation of another with the stereotype that I have of them within my mind, I stop and breathe. I realise that through the desire to satisfy this relation of another to the stereotype that I have of them within my mind, I am only energising the stereotype within also wanting to make it 'fact' - but either way, it will never be 'fact' - because within each time that I do relate one to a stereotype, I just 'forget' to include/remember the times when I see one who DOES NOT fit the stereotype that I had/believed of them to be. So, I commit myself to stop fuelling a stereotype that I have of another/anyone/anything. I commit myself to see that any grouping together of individuals is just a judgment, I commit myself again, to take every individual as themselves/for themselves.

So, I commit myself to not come to automatic 'conclusions' based upon another and what they do/how they are/look at all.
To realise that no life is just a 'conclusion' or just a 'stereotype' - to realise that everyone/everything has a 'history' behind them, as to what they are/how they exist, and they all have a life, just like my own - and to realise this, is to relate to them, to see them as my own/as me, and as another life that is just as vital/important/necessary as my own/myself.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment