Wednesday, 12 August 2015

Day 470 - What's that sound? Distractions part 2


I forgive myself for accepting and allowing external sounds to be 'distractions' to me and within this, allow them to 'distract' me from what I need/want to do at that time.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to deem any sound that I find 'too loud' or 'annoying' as a 'distraction' and within this, use the 'distraction' as an excuse as to why I do not do something to the standard that I'd 'like' to do it.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to not see, realise and understand that something is only a distraction IF I SAY/BELIEVE IT TO BE.

So, I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to NOT be totally 'here' within my physical body as I do things that I want/need to do and to focus upon, because if I was in fact 'here' within and as my physical body, then I'd not give these external sounds a second glance/listen, so, I'd NOT allow them to dictate me/what I do whatsoever and thus they'd not be 'distractions'.

When and as I see myself in the process of doing something that requires focus and I in the background, hear external sounds and such that I BELIEVE to be an impact on what it is that I am focusing upon, I stop and breathe. I realise that no matter the sound/how loud the sound, there's no reason for me to not be able to do what it is that I want to do to the best of my capabilities. In other words, there's no reason/excuse for me to make in regards to external sounds/external anything's. So, I commit myself to not allow any external sounds/noises to direct/dictate me in any way, shape or form when I am doing something that requires focus. I commit myself to be aware/realise that the sound exists whilst doing something that requires focus, and to simply leave it at that, so, be aware of it, but do what I need to do/focus upon, just as I'd do, sound or no sound externally.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment