Sunday, 13 September 2015

Day 489 - The acceptance of being wrong


I dislike being wrong. I desire to be right/correct about anything and everything. When I realise that I am wrong, I fight it. I don't want to accept that I'm wrong, I don't want to accept 'defeat'. Because, that's what it feels like, defeat. To be so sure within my mind that I am right, only for fate/another to show that I am/was wrong, it is an 'impact'. An impact on my ego. The 'rightful' ego. Ego takes a hit, an impact.

Why take it personally though? If fate/another proves/shows that I was wrong, it's not an attack on who I am. It's just a lesson to learn for myself. A mistake to correct. A gift of learning, of awareness. I have to embrace being wrong. Denial will get me nowhere. Real change only happens from acceptance, from self-acceptance, from self-responsibility. It is only 'hard' to accept defeat/being wrong if I want to fuel my ego. And fuelling my ego is preprogrammed within and as myself. It is who I am, how I am. But, of course, it's possibly to change this, to not walk from an ego starting point, but to walk from a self-responsible starting point.

I must embrace being wrong/being incorrect. Embrace, accept, change, move on. That is literally the only way.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fail to embrace being wrong/incorrect in order for me to accept, change, move on.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fail to come to terms with the fact that I am wrong/incorrect.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to participate within and as the defensive character/personality when I believe my ego is taking a 'hit' by another/fate.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to believe that fate/another 'proving me wrong' is an attack on myself/who I am/what I am - it is but me taking this very personally, because I have designed my ego to always desire to be right, and to not accept anything less than being right.

I forgive myself for not accepting and allowing myself to make light of a situation whereas I realise that I am wrong, by either laughing at it in acceptance/realisation, or, simply accepting it, because one way or another, I must accept it, the method of acceptance does not matter, but acceptance is necessary for me to defeat the ego that I have participated within and as for the majority of my life.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to fail to see, realise and understand that denial of being wrong only fuels the ego within myself, and does nothing good/beneficial for me as my physical self/body, it ONLY makes my progress as life HALT and go BACKWARDS.

I commit myself to embrace being wrong. I commit myself to embrace being incorrect. I commit myself to embrace fate/another showing/proving that I am wrong, because through embrace, I accept, and through embrace/acceptance, I change, and, I stop the ego within me from showing/coming up within and as myself, which is always a step in the 'right' direction.

When and as I see myself in the moment of being proven WRONG via fate/another and feeling the energy within me of desiring to be defensive/angry about it, I stop and breathe. I realise that I CANNOT argue with FATE/ANOTHER showing/proving to me that I AM WRONG/INCORRECT. I realise that being defensive/angry about the FACT of being wrong/incorrect ONLY shows what/how I am, and that is, an EGO through and through in every way, shape and form. So, I Commit myself to SILENCE/STOP the ego from rearing its ugly head, through accepting/embracing that I am WRONG, that I am INCORRECT - and through this, step by step, I grow, I learn, I embrace life, I embrace my physical body/what it means to BE life, and I of course silence/stop the ego that is preprogrammed within and as myself from birth.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that TRUE strength and TRUE 'character' within and as my physical body comes from ACCEPTING that I am wrong/incorrect - as it takes 'guts' to do this, it takes strength from within to accept defeat, and to thus move on. I commit myself to stop denying the facts. I commit myself to realise that the sooner that I accept being wrong/incorrect/defeat, the faster I learn/grow within myself and within life.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment