Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Day 519 - "Just curious" part 2


I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to fail to see, realise and understand that this is always a true reason/intention for asking something, and it's never just 'curiosity' - that being information for the sake of information.

I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to use the misleading reply of "Just curious" when someone asks me why I wanted to know of something in particular.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see, realise and understand that I SHOULD have a clear REASON for wanting information from something/another, and so it's never just 'curiosity'.

I forgive myself that I haven't accepted and allowed myself to see, realise and understand that if I'm asking a question of something/another from the starting point of something genuine such as care/consideration/assistance/support, then I should be able to clearly define why I wanted to know/the exact and direct reason/answer/reply as to my want of knowing such information.

So, I forgive myself that I've accepted and allowed myself to in the past when using the term "Just curious" - to not investigate the actual meaning behind my asking this question, and only temporarily looking at it within an emotion/feeling as my starting point of wanting to know something, lying to myself/another through saying "Just curious" and then never looking into why I wanted to truly know this information/why I didn't want to be upfront about it to myself/another.

When and as I see myself in a position of wanting to know of something via something/another, I stop and breathe. I realise that before doing anything, I must cross-check/reference with my physical self first, to make sure this want of information is from the starting point of something real/necessary/substantial, as opposed to the want of information within and as feelings/emotions and so some type of 'bad' intention. I commit myself to then ask the question/get the information that I want, and if asked WHY I wanted to know this information by something/another, I should be able to then explain clearly within valid reason as to why I wanted to know this information, and so skip the "Just curious" statement.

Image source

No comments:

Post a Comment