Monday, 7 March 2016

Day 552 - Reaction to feedback


I got feedback from others on some work that I submitted. I felt anger inside of myself when reading the 'long' list of feedback that pointed out what I may/may not/may need to change to improve my work. When I initially posted this work, I didn't expect such a long list of feedback, and feedback telling me what I may/may not/should alter.

So I'm reading this feedback from others on my work and I FEEL like others are 'having a go at me' / making it personal towards me. It's not that at all in reality. I mean, initially along with this work that I submitted, I specifically asked for feedback, I specifically asked for ANY feedback, positive/negative (although feedback is just feedback, it's not positive/negative in the first place). And I also stated that any feedback would assist me greatly.

So as I said earlier, for starters I didn't 'expect' this much feedback in terms of changing things. I expected perhaps a few notes of feedback on what to change. And also I've ignored the feedback that says what I did well/correctly. But that is the mind for you, just looking at the 'bad' stuff, the supposed 'bad' stuff, the supposed 'negative' stuff.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react angrily towards others' feedback towards my work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that this feedback from others is a DIRECT and PERSONAL attack on who I am/what I am and just generally about me in totality.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to flow totally towards the feedback that tells me what I can/should improve on, as opposed to the feedback that states the things I did well/correctly.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to expect very few feedback from others.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to direct myself INSTANTLY within the moment to accepting this feedback, WHATEVER it may be, and then using it to improve my work/myself as I said I initially would when wanting this feedback.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to define myself by this feedback.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge myself negatively for this feedback from others.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to turn this feedback into better work/a better me for the present as well as the future.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realise that whilst I was doing this work, there WERE some things that I was unsure of/how to do, so I ignored them, and there were some things that didn't work for me, and so feedback, no matter how much must be expected here, it just depends on who is giving the feedback and how much more they know of this work that I do, because clearly others have a better idea/use of this work than I do - but again this does not define them or myself, nor does it separate us, it is knowledge and information and it's up to me to direct it and learn from it and grow.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment