Saturday, 4 June 2016

Day 569 - Not being disciplined


I see that I'm not disciplined in the tasks that I should be undertaking for myself and others. I still tend to do something that I 'prefer' to do. In relation to comfortability, fun and relaxation. So then I put things off or tell myself I'll do it tomorrow - that old saying/excuse. I see that there is NO legitimate/real/actual reason why I cannot do something, I mean, obviously unless it's genuinely valid, like some massive thing has happened, which is uncommon, like I have to be somewhere asap, or I can't do something because I lack the resources. You know.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself not to be disciplined in what I do/what I want/should do for the benefit of myself and others.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to prefer and take the easier route which requires usually relaxation and warmth and comfortability.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to embrace different scenes and scenarios and items etc within doing something that perhaps is not a comfortable thing to do in comparison to something that I see is very comfortable and relaxing.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realise and understand the legitimate benefits I get from doing the tasks that I don't like to do/do as much.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to share and mix it up in what I do in my life, this way I don't rid myself of certain comforts, I just lessen them here, but I still give myself the opportunity to enjoy these comforts.

When and as I see myself lying to myself in favour of doing something that is more comfortable and/or I 'prefer' - I stop and breathe. I realise that preference is only temporary and short lived. And I realise that going against that in favour of something else I'd usually not do/not do as much creates discipline within myself and the more I do this, the more discipline I will live and be as. So I commit myself to allow and teach myself to do more things and things that are literally outside my comfort zone. I commit myself to escape the comfort so that I can direct myself in doing interesting and unique things that benefit myself in what it is that I do as these things, and the discipline I gain/grow and live as within myself from going against the preference as the mind.

I commit myself to reward myself with comfort when I do these tasks and then even get back into the task after the comfort - I share and alternate this way and do and be the best I can be through doing different tasks and things, rather than sticking to comfort for the most part.

2 comments:

  1. Cool Anthony,

    Developing self-discipline was for me a long and at times tough process, because going against the resistance of doing something I do not particularly want to do, that can be intense. However, developing that skill has been one of the most significant points in my process, I did not consider it before, how much in life that is dependent upon self-discipline, and especially and process, towards which there already is a pre-programmed resistance, having self-discipline makes things a lot easier.

    Here is part 1 of a series of blogs I wrote on creating movement, could be of help: https://dreamersjourneytolife.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/day-247-creating-movement-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Viktor.
      I've just read a few parts in that blog series, really helpful! Thank you.

      And that part about rewards in part 2 of the series - that's interesting and I see what you mean about the incentive being the reward, and how that thus shows that one is still seeing a task within separation because why else would a reward be warranted or needed?

      Cool. Because I did write here about helping myself to a reward for doing this task that I don't prefer to do. But I think this is just my initial means/method of developing self-discipline.

      I'm sure after practice, I won't feel the need for any type of reward.
      Thank you.

      Delete