Thursday, 23 June 2016

Day 579 - Fear of conflict


I was feeding the 'I am always right' character by accepting and agreeing with this character, unknowingly. At the time(s) I see that there were a few reasons that I was accepting/agreeing with this particular character. 1 was avoiding 'conflict', 2 was agreeing with this character as the parent-type character and 3 was the being kind character. These are my characters that I was.

The conflict point is the one I want to tackle here. It definitely ties in with the wanting to be kind 24/7 character that I participate within a lot. I feel like if I am to NOT accept another's ways of doing things, then conflict could very well arise. But this is not true! It depends HOW I myself respond to another's way of doing things for instance. Like obviously if my starting point is of anger and so proving another 'wrong' or wanting to prove that my way is best, then conflict WILL begin.

But if my starting point is acceptance within my own ways and also within that another's ways, then that'll show in my words/actions/self. I see it as something like "Thank you for your perspective/method, I appreciate it, but I see my own perspective/method more in line of what it is that I like/prefer to do." Lol this won't always be what I say/I might never say this, but just giving a worded example of acceptance, but also pointing out that I see my own perspective/methods/ways aligning more with what I choose/prefer to do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that conflict will ensue anytime I am to 'disagree' with another.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realise and understand that I can bring up my own perspective WITHOUT participating as the character that I don't want to be, that being the anger character.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to accept unconditionally another's perspective, for whatever the reason may be, because not accepting it IS a sure fire way of and to conflict.

So I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to accept all perspectives, no matter what their origins/reasons of being are.

I commit myself to voice my own perspectives AFTER accepting another if I see it as best to do so as what is best for all.

Desteni site

Desteni forum

Desteni free online course

No comments:

Post a Comment