Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Day 611 - Eye contact


I’ve seen that when I make eye contact with others, MOST seem to struggle lol. Or only give me some. So as this happens, I thus have this believe that my eyes are..scary? Lol. I used to always avoid eye contact, because it made me uncomfortable. Granted, I can still make more, and this is one instance where I can, because I am not making as much eye contact, because others don’t do the same to me and thus I am not doing it as much. But I want to.

I realise that eye contact is a really cool way of communication, I mean, of bonding, of making it personal, of connection, all physically. So I will do it, despite others looking into my eyes or not. Though I don’t see it as practical to simply not do it because others aren’t giving me eye contact. And additionally, I do not have ‘scary’ eyes or anything of the ilk.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to avoid eye contact with others based on them not giving me eye contact when I give them eye contact.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to judge my eyes as scary as the reason why people don’t give me eye contact.

I commit myself to give as much eye contact as I want to/see is necessary, no matter what another does/does not do in giving me eye contact or not.


When and as I see myself fearing eye contact in any way, shape or form, I stop and breathe. I realise that eye contact is for connection physically, thus I commit myself to give myself this opportunity of connection, no matter if another does the same to me/of me. I commit myself to embrace connection through eye contact. I commit myself to give myself the opportunity of connection physically through eye contact.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Anthony, I very much relate to this point with the eyes and eye contact, thanks for sharing. A point I recently realized was that through eye contact and holding it, I can use it as a tool to cross-reference where I am at within myself, am I here, clear and thus stable in the face of myself through the eyes or am I reacting, moving into energy, and thus suppressing myself in some way or another. So I found it's a cool cross-reference the eyes and eye contact to move through points I am still reacting to within myself and walk the change to clear myself back to stability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you, Garb. Great point of assistance and of what to be aware of here. I'll keep an eye out lol, for any movements within myself with eye contact or lack thereof.

      Delete