Saturday, 3 December 2016

Day 620 - Vulnerable


Definitions: exposed to the possibility of being attacked or harmed, either physically or emotionally.
"we were in a vulnerable position"
  • (of a person) in need of special care, support, or protection because of age, disability, or risk of abuse or neglect.
"the scheme will help charities working with vulnerable adults and young people"

So here, the general consensus of one being vulnerable is of negativity. I can relate to this too as only seeing this word as negativity within my life, that being vulnerable can be scary, terrifying, it is threatening. Though this word recently came up where I saw that it can be helpful as well. Helpful in terms of being willing/open, allowing myself to experience new things in life, because that does in fact require a level of vulnerability.

For example, going to a gathering that could be only for a ‘certain type’ of person, and thus one going into this gathering is being possibly vulnerable, but then it’s also going in as example, example for instance that ‘certain types’ does not have to be an actual thing because we are obviously all equal.

So I now see vulnerable as willingness, as opening, as trying, as new ground, new scenarios/scenes, allowance.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to be vulnerable in terms of being willing to try new things/be in new places/positions as myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe vulnerability to be a negative thing associated purely with fear, weakness.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see vulnerability as an act willingness to change self, to learn/grow, to explore, to become what is best for all.

I commit myself to put myself in vulnerable positions and thus without the thoughts prior to the vulnerable position of fear, of fearing what might happen, future projections.

I commit myself to try things. I commit myself to do things, things that I’ve never done before, things that I do fear as the mind, because being vulnerable here is showing myself a willingness to actually change myself.

I commit myself to be vulnerable to/for others as exploration, as allowance, as willingness, as trust, as growing.

I commit myself to get past/overcome the initial ‘difficult’ moments/times as the mind within and as fear, future projections, what will/will not happen, embarrassment, making a mistake.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that through living vulnerability, I am being willing.


Redefinition of vulnerable: Being open, being willing, giving things a chance/shot, being open/willing to learning, to growing, to expanding, to evolving as what is best for all.



No comments:

Post a Comment