Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Day 649 - Complaining


Complaining is to not take self-responsibility. Whether it’s complaining about things that don’t go one’s way, about the traffic, about someone, about how one feels etc. I’ve seen this within myself, but my excuse was that I was doing it as joking, as sarcasm. But I also saw that this is not so, because it CONTINUED. Maybe a joke/sarcasm once or twice, but if it keeps happening, then there is a deeper meaning in how I see it. Meaning, an actual underlying form of complaining, thus not taking self-responsibility for events and such.

This is an issue.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to complain.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to take self-responsibility for my complaining.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to take self-responsibility for the events that happen in my life/what I do/who I’m with so that I do not find reasons to complain as excuses/justifications to do so.

I forgive myself that I accepted and allowed myself to believe it is okay to complain if it is a joke/sarcasm, when in reality this constant apparent joking/sarcasm is actually showing me that this is a form of complaining because I can’t let it go or move on from it, it is a constant lingering within myself.

When and as I see myself desiring to complain in any way, shape or form, even if it is apparently jokingly/as sarcasm, I stop and breathe.  I realise that any prolonged ‘joking’ or ‘sarcasm’ is underlying complaining. So I commit myself to be aware of this, even when desiring to say something for the first time, to make sure I am clear in what it is I am doing/saying and of course that I don’t repeat it/say it in another way, otherwise I know I am not taking self-responsibility and in fact allowing events/others/myself to affect me negatively.

I commit myself to see, realise and understand that complaining is a form of blame/pointing fingers, instead of taking self-responsibility for my own actions in something/as the result of something.


I commit myself to see, realise and understand that I can ALWAYS take self-responsibility for everything that happens to myself, to others, in the world, because it is what I’ve accepted and allowed to happen within my life in failing to change myself and be an example towards others.

No comments:

Post a Comment